Monday, June 6, 2011

Adventurous Abigail


Sweet little Abigail has joined me for cake, but is dreaming into the sky;
She picks up her cup, leans back in her chair, and releases a little sad sigh.
‘Will I go to my new home soon?’ she asks, sipping on her tea;
‘I’m lonely for my small young friend, the one who’s meant for me.’
‘I’m sure you will, my little love – the time is almost here -
some sweet soul will snap you up, to bring their baby cheer.
Don’t fret, lovely Abby,’ I say to her, ‘Your friend is on the way;
You’ll soon be playing adventurous games and dreaming the day away.’
Abigail smiles at me, and I know she’s thinking of you,
about the day you’ll finally meet, and all the things you’ll do.
She gathers up her treasure map, a torch, and bag of supplies
And skips off for another quest, under bright-blue morning skies…



Abigail is available now through our Etsy store - or meet her at our stall at Mathilda’s Market on  the 6th August x

Nat

Ps. All our gorgeous Quill & Ink Handmade tri-fold cards are now ON SALE!
Were $8 ea, now only $5.50 + postage. Check them out here.

No comments: